Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The power of human connection, relationships, content, context, relevancy is multiplied exponentially when you bring people together in community for a common goal.
Communities are the foundation of social media. Communities are where conversations happen, relationships are nurtured and people connect on topics that matter to them.
The truth is that people don't just buy things, they join things. Of course we buy products. We buy everything from burgers, furniture, to iPhones and houses. Yet if you look at some of the most powerful brands on earth they are also connected via community.
The fans of the community share their love for the brand and product via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the list goes on. Or they may not ever share their love for that awesome burger they just devoured at all via a tweet or post of any kind.
Instead they may simply show their love for the brand by simply buying the product and being a loyal, paying customer or evangelist.
People want to be part of something bigger than themselves. It's in our DNA as human beings to want to connect with other human beings.
For business and brands this foundational need creates tremendous opportunity for brands and the humans within them to provide some of the human glue and connective tissue that connects humans to one another. Smart marketers can do this quite simply when they know what needs to be done.
Many marketing and business leaders struggle with how to start a community and struggle even more with figuring out how to take it to the next level and bring true value to both the community members and the business or brand leading the community.
In this 20 minute podcast I will answer these questions:
- How do you determine the purpose of your community?
- How do you start a new community?
- How do you build the proper foundation for community growth and health?
- How do you select the right social networks and tools to help the community grow?
- How do you manage the organic growth and needs of the community?
- How do you keep the community fresh, vibrant and alive?
- How do you empower leaders within the community?
- How do you utilize data such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights to grow community and provide the highest value possible.
Take a listen to the 123rd episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast to learn how to build, nurture and grow your community to provide the highest value for your community members and for your brand!
Be sure to subscribe to the entire series on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
- People Don't Just Buy Things, They Join Things (blog post & episode 61)
- 10 Google Analytics to Zoom Your Social Media, Blog and Business (episode 106)
- Tap Into the Power of the OPC – Other People's Content & Community (episode 44)
- 10 Things You Must Know About Your Audience (episode 4)
- Building, Growing, & Sustaining Communities (keynote presentation)
- I Respect Your Community, Do You Respect Mine? (blog post)
- Audience Analysis Worksheet
How to Subscribe to Social Zoom Factor Podcast
Okay…I am at 5″ minutes and you haven’t even started on the topic. *sigh* so what’s the purpose? people want to join content :(