Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Have you been spinning your wheels trying to utilize social media to grow your business? Do you feel as though you know the tactics and strategies yet are still struggling with how to align social media to your business for real results?
When you hear your colleagues or others in your industry talk about the success they have achieved with social media, digital marketing, content marketing or email marketing do you want to just run away crying?
If these thoughts seem familiar to how you feel, no worries. You landed on the right blog post today and will find answers!
Unfortunately many small business owners, entrepreneurs and even marketers working inside of larger organizations struggle with how to achieve measurable business results using social media.
Much of this comes from the fud that exists in the social ecosystem. Too many bloggers, podcasters, YouTubers, live streamers and more spend their life touting how easy it is to make money using social media. Unfortunately most of these same people are still living in their mother's basement and/or struggle with keeping the lights on, let alone make an actual income from their efforts.
Many talk a good talk but when you pull back the black curtain, they are far from walking the walk. They tout that social media is free. This couldn't be further from the truth as social media utilizes your greatest asset which is time!
The reality is achieving success inclusive of measurable business results using social media is not easy. It requires much more than hopping on the latest shiny social network, or knowing how to hit record on the Facebook Live video.
The modern social marketer of today needs to know how to set goals, build a well thought out plan, balance the use of owned, paid and earned media. They must know how to tap into the power of influencer marketing, paid advertising, visual marketing and list goes on!
Can you easily answer these questions?
- How do you define success?
- How do you set goals?
- What is the difference between a social media strategy, plan and tactics?
- How do you determine what Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) you should focus on?
- Do you really know your audience?
- What are the fundamentals to success using social media?
- Is your business ready for social media?
If you struggle with answering these questions, then you need to take a listen to the latest Social Zoom Factor podcast episode #230 which will help you understand how to define what success looks like.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to define success for your social media efforts
- Example business and marketing goals
- Definition of a business goal, marketing goal and how they differ
- The difference between a goal, objective and KPI
- Definition of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Example KPIs
- Importance of aligning social media to business goals
- Defining and choosing SMART goals
- Example SMART goals
- Defining and prioritizing desired social media and business outcomes
- Choosing metrics for success
- Qualitative vs quantitative goals and objectives
- Choosing and prioritizing where you focus for best results
- Assessing maturity and readiness of your business to implement social media
- and loads more…
Need more help? Social Profit Factor Training Academy Can Help!
Check out our new comprehensive training academy, the Social Profit Factor, that will help with you improve the ROI and business return on all of your social media, digital marketing and branding investment. Sign up now to become a founding member and receive some incredible deals plus bonus offers. Social Profit Factor will teach you how to win at the long game, not just jump in and out for the short one night social stand.
- How to Get Your Social Marketing Budget Approved (white paper)
- 10 Proven Strategies to Get Your Social Media Budget Approved (podcast)
- 5 Step Success Strategy to Prioritize Social Networks for Your Business
- Social Media Requires a Marriage, Not a One Night Stand
- 10 Habits Highly Effective Social Media Marketing Leaders
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Strategy and Plan (white paper)
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet to help you prioritize your niche)
- Content Editorial Calendar (12 month editorial content marketing calendar template)
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.