Podcast: Play in new window | Download
For years many social media savvy marketers have tapped into the power of hashtags to grow their brand, community and even generate leads and sales.
Hashtags are a big part of social networks such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Even LinkedIn now leverages hashtags and even lets their users search for content using hashtags. Instagram Stories recently added the ability to add hashtags to Stories making it easier for people to find your content.
Are you wondering what these hashtag things are that you see on every social network you visit? It seems that the hashtags are growing faster than the weeds in my back yard on some days. If you are not sure how to leverage hashtags to benefit your business, then you have landed on the right blog post and podcast today!
Hashtag, hash brown…. they sound somewhat the same. I've even had a few clients confuse the two just for fun.
Explaining the difference between a hashtag and hash brown is one of my favorite questions to answer. Often times, the people who have the guts to ask are the ones who get it the quickest. Why? Because as I always say, social media is about people. It’s about conversation. It’s about having a conversation to connect with real people. Social media simply makes it easier to do such.
Social media is not rocket science. We believe that most of marketing, business and life really can be simplified and put in a nutshell in terms that doesn't require a PHD in acronyms to understand.
So, what exactly is a hashtag? How do you use them? How many of them should you use? Which ones should you use? Should you create your own hashtags? How can you leverage them for real business and life benefit?
Take a listen to this episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast for a succinct definition of a hashtag and how hashtags can help you grow your business using social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Google plus as well as increase brand awareness, help you nurture community and better measure your results and conversations using social media.
I even give you a fun recap of the differences of a hash brown and hashtag for those of you who like breakfast analogies to solve your social media problems ;)
- Definition of a hashtag
- Why you should use hashtags
- Difference between hashtags and hash browns
- Benefits of using hashtags
- How to leverage hashtags to nurture community
- How to leverage hashtags to do market research
- How to identify top industry hashtags
- How to select your own hashtags
- Short summary of Twitter chats (will be covered in depth in episode 79)
Need more help? Social Profit Factor Training Academy and Marketing Nutz Can Help!
Check out our new comprehensive online social media and branding training academy, the Social Profit Factor, that will help you tap into the power of social media to grow your business. We'll help you create a social media strategy and plan to drive real results for your business within 30-60 days! Sign up now and stop wasting time. Start focusing on the actions and strategies that will bring real results!
Need us to help train your team? Give us a shout and let's get a custom workshop schedule for your organization. Increase sales by generating more leads using social media to nurture relationships.
- Social Profit Factor Training System + Member Community
- Twitter Persona Worksheet
- 15 Things the C-Suite Must do Before Hopping on Twitter (podcast)
- Twitter for Business in a Nutshell (podcast)
- How to Not Be a Twit on Twitter (podcast)
- 12 Business Benefits of Using Twitter (podcast)
- How to Get Your C-Suite on Twitter (podcast)
- Why Personal Branding is Required, Not Optional (podcast)
- Top 5 Twitter Tools to Zoom Your Business (podcast)
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.